How to delete Instagram account permanently from your mobile phone, iPhone, browsers, pc, app
Delete your Instagram account.
When you want to delete your account, profile, photos, videos, likes and followers, or comments will be permanently removed. but If you would like to take a break, then you can temporarily deactivate your account instead from your phone, mobile browser, and on app.
It is very easy to make an Instagram account and the joy what it brings But you thought to permanently delete or temporarily deactivate your Instagram account? Here is a detailed guide with steps to help you delete your Instagram account permanently or deactivate your Instagram account temporarily.
If your Instagram account is removed for violating Community Guidelines, in this condition you will not use your account with the same username.
If you have forgotten your password or username, can’t delete your account. For deletion request you will need to login into your account. see some tips for logging in.
Before deleting your Instagram account, you may log in and download a copy of your Instagram content like photos, videos and posts. Once your account has been deleted, you would not be able to download the Instagram’s Data.
How can you delete your Instagram account permanently?
Permanent deletion of the Instagram account is a irreversible process that will remove every detail from the account like profile, photos, videos, comments, and your followers. So you can not retrieve it either way.
Steps to delete Instagram account permanently on a mobile browser or PC/Window
Step 1: Go to “Delete your account page” on a mobile browser or PC/Window.
Step 2: If you are not logged in into Instagram on the browser, Insta Account page will ask you to log in first.
Step 3: It will ask you to select an option from the dropdown menu below, Why do you want to delete Your Instagram account [account name]? choose any of the listed reasons and re-enter your password.
Step 4: Click on Delete [username] button to permanently delete the Instagram account. Tap OK button.
Facebook-owned social media platform will take about 30 days to process the Instagram account deletion request. During this period if you have change your mind you can still access your Insta account but your profile would not be visible to others.
Steps to delete Instagram account permanently on iPhone
Step 1: Click on your “Instagram profile picture” in the bottom right to go to your profile.
Step 2: Tap on three line option in the top right, then tap to “Setting” option.
Step 3: Click on Account to tap the “Delete account” at the bottom.
Step 4: Give a tap to Continue deleting account.
Step 5: Select an option from the dropdown menu below, Why do you want to delete Your Instagram account [account name]? choose any of the listed reasons and re-enter your password.
Step 6: Tap on Delete [username] button to permanently delete the Instagram account and then tap OK to confirm.
How can you deactivate Instagram account temporarily?
Instagram can let you to temporarily disable your Instagram account for any period of time. Facebook-subsidiary gives you a policy to remove/deactivate Instagram account temporarily as no one could see your profile on this platform by hiding your photos, videos, likes, and comments from social media. You can temporarily deactivate and then reactivate your Instagram account only through a web browser on your PC or mobile device.
Instructions are listed below to temporarily delete an Instagram account
Step 1. Sign in to your Instagram account on a mobile browser or computer browser.
Step 2. Click on Insta profile image and Tap on three line option in top right, then tap “Settings” option.
Step 3. Select the “Edit profile” page. Scroll the bottom and find the “Temporarily deactivate my account” option then tap on it.
Step 4. It will ask you, Why do you want to disable your Instagram account? select on of the provided options from dropdown menu.
Step 5. Now enter your password and tap “Temporarily Deactivate Account” to disable your Instagram profile.
In future, If you want to reactivate your disabled Instagram account, yo just need to login back your Instagram account platform at any time.
How can you download your Instagram pictures and videos?
For Instagram users, Instagram provides a way to download the profile information, images and videos data. The platform will send you the details to your registered email.
How to download the Instagram Account data through Mobile app
- Open the Instagram app in Mobile, then go to the profile page.
- Click on the three-line option lying on the right upper corner, a menu will open.
- Select on the “Your Activity” option.
- Scroll down and give a tap on the “Download Your Information” option.
- If you have not already linked an email ID, It will ask you to provide an email ID. Then tap on the “Request Download” button.
- Now enter your Instagram Account password and download the data information.
How to download the Instagram account data through the web browser on PC/Window
- First of all, Open Instagram.com on a PC/Window browser.
- Tap on your profile picture to go to the profile page.
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the top right to open the menu.
- Tap to the “Privacy and security” option.
- Now Scroll down to find “Data Download” and click on the “Request Download” option.
- Enter a valid email address and choose the HTML or JSON format to get your data.
Now provide your Instagram account password and then click on “Request Download” button.
Username and Password Troubleshooting
What to do if you have Instagram account disabled/deactivated?
Is Deactivate Instagram account and Delete Instagram account same thing or different?
Deactivating/deleting Instagram account are completely different things. Deactivating the account means you can resume your account anytime in future but deleting Insta account means 30 days are over of a deleted account, you can not find back the same account. Now You need to make a new Instagram account.
How can you delete an Instagram account without a password?
It is impossible and you can’t delete or deactivate any Instagram account without a valid password. In case, you have loss your password you need first reset it and then proceed. check on tips for logging in.
Where will go the Instagram data after account deletion?
What to do if I have forgotten my Instagram account password?
Open the Instagram app on android –
- Once you have the login screen, tap on “Get help logging in” option lying below the Log in.
- Now enter your Instagram username, email address or phone number, or you can also tap on “Log in with Facebook” option.
- Tap “Next” and follow the instructions shows on the screen.
Open the Instagram app on iPhone –
- On the login screen give a tap on “Forgotten password” option lying above Log in.
- Enter your Instagram Username, email address, or Phone number.
- Now tap “Next” button.
What to do if I can not locate my Instagram account or do not know my username?
- First of all you will need to confirm that you have enter a correct username, especially in case of repeated characters.
- You would need to skip the @ symbol at that time when entering your username. OR
- You can check your email box for the message you have received from Instagram to notifying you that your account information was changed.
- Now you should ask an Instagram friend to visit your profile and take a screenshot of your current username, thus you will get a correct username.
What to do if my Instagram account are hacked?
If your Instagram account has been hacked you can take several actions to secure your account. Here we will give a detail of recovery steps, depending on the type of account what you are trying to recover. You must try all of them.
- You can “Change your password” or send yourself a password reset email.
- Turn on two-factor authentication for additional security.
- Check that phone number and email address provided in account settings are correct.
- Now Check the Accounts Centre and remove any linked accounts that you don’t recognize.
You can Check your email account for a message received from Instagram
Check whether you have received an email from email@example.com that is telling you that your email address was changed by someone but there is option as you can change it by selecting “revert this change” in that message. If your password is also changed and finding unable to change your email address back, you can request a login link or security code from Instagram.
To request a login link from Instagram
- On the login screen, click on “Get help logging in” for Android OR tap on Forgotten password? for iPhone devise.
- Enter the username, email address or phone number of your Instagram account, tap “Next” button.
Note: If you are unable to provide the username, email address or phone number associated with your account, you can go to login information that you most recently used, then tap “Can’t reset your password?” Now tap on “Next“ button and follow the instructions on screen.
- Select either your email address or phone number, then tap “Next” button.
- Now Click on login link option in your email or text message (SMS) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- From login link screen of Instagram, tap on “Get help logging in” lying below Log in.
- Now fill the username, email address or phone number of your Instagram account, then click on “Need more help?”. If you have multiple Instagram account, here you will select that account having in trouble with logging in to first, with follow of on-screen instructions.
- Click on “Need more help?”, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now Select either your email address or phone number, click on “Send security code”.
- If you have not receive a security code, click on “I can’t access this email address or phone number” lying below Send security code, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the login screen of Instagram, tap on “Need more help?” lying below Send login link.
- Now Select either your email address or phone number, click on “Send security code”.
- If you have not receive a security code, click on “I can’t access this email address or phone number” lying below Send security code, then follow the on-screen instructions. Once your submitted request is done, you should receive an email from Instagram with next steps.
When Instagram account on login with multiple Instagram account are not working?
Any additional accounts needs to be added with your single Instagram login. If you has remove an account from your single Instagram login or changes the password of that linked account with that single login, it will not come back to add with that single login. You can log in to that account only with its individual password.